The Raspberry Pi foundation has revised the design of their original camera module for the Raspberry Pi with the Camera Module v2. It's a high quality, 8-megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor custom designed as an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi. It features a fixed focus lens, is capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video. It attaches to Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board upper surface and uses the dedicated CSI interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The module comes with a 150mm Flexible Ribbon Cable,
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 23mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important.
- 8 megapixel camera capable of taking photographs of 3280x2464 pixels
- Capture video at 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolutions
- All software is supported within the latest version of Raspbian Operating System
- Applications: CCTV security camera, motion detection, time lapse photography
- Dimensions: 25mm x 23mm x 9mm
- Weight (camera board + attached cable): 3.4g
There are no reviews for this product.